Saturday 11 December 2010

Having a wine.

When I was about 12/13, there was a school trip to Bologna, France. My whole year went, so the restaurant we ate at must have been one of the only large enough in the area. It wasn't exactly a cheap meal either if memory serves. Once we were seated, the French teacher who organised the trip stood on to table and tapped her wine glass with a spoon to get the attention of the students. Why she stood on the table, I'm not too sure but it did make what happened next several degrees more amazing.

The wine glass did make a lot of noise, it also got the attention of the whole year, teachers and the restaurant staff. Not because it made a lot of noise, but because the wine glass smashed.

The wine glass was still full of red wine.

The Shattering
She just stood there..staring, looking a bit like she'd stabbed a student.


I wasn't going to post again today. There are other things that need to be done, like essays or eating. As usual I ended up on Youtube again. What was I doing? Watching a video of somebody harmonising with a miniature harmonica. How did I get there? I don't know. Why was I watching it? I don't know. Youtube seems to have that effect (to be fair, I thought the video was pretty funny). Then I saw something which blew my mind. Something I needed to share.

Most people know of that obnoxious tone you can create with a wine glass by wetting your finger and rubbing the mouth of the glass. I can't do it very well, not that I practice. Until today, making sounds with glass felt pointless and seemed like it was asking for trouble. My French teacher only reinforced this belief.

Then I saw this:



Words escape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment